• 55 to 58 Million Consumers ages 61 and older
• Key drivers = dedication and sacrifice.
• Goal= help them feel ok spending their hard earned dollars
Key Message = "You have sacrificed long enough. You deserve to reward yourself."
• 78 million consumers ages 42 to 60
• Single largest generation in history
• Key drivers = Adventure Transition & New Experiences "Too cool to retire!"
Key Message = Help them transition into the next stage of their (very exciting) lives.
Generation X (X'ers)
• 48 million consumers ages 30 to 41.
• Key driver = fierce independence!
• Latchkey Kids that made Internet Useful (Web 1.0)
• The worst thing an agent can say? "you need me."
Key Message = "We know you can do this yourself, but we're here to make your life easier."
Generation Y (Y'ers)
• 73 million consumers ages 12 to 29 (almost the same size as Boomers!)
• Super tech savvy MySpace Generation
• Key driver = the need to feel special.
Key Message - focus on how the home that you are selling makes them feel unique, different and special.
• Understand who your customers are and how they think and you will speak their language and earn their trust & loyalty
• Generations X + Y = 121 million (hi-tech) consumers & 80% of all first time home buyers in the next 10 years
• Realtors must think outside the box to be where future buyers and sellers are online
We at EadsByOwner.com would like to wish everyone in the Active Rain Network and the Active Rain staff a safe and happy holiday season. Also, thanks for a great year of information and friendship.