5 New Trends For 2012! Straight From the Las Vegas Design Market!
Even though the Vegas Market was overwhelming at times with it's sheer volume of beautiful decor ideas, I did spot a few trends that will influence some of my Property Styling this year.
- The new colours; Tangerine and iced teal are huge! They're in every thing from glassware to art and accessories! I even wore it one day! Didn't know when I packed it was one of the new hot colours, I must be psycho psychic!
- Horses! They're everywhere! Art, accessories, even lamps! Priscilla Presley's store had full sized horse lamps, in various colours and textures, with the shade over the head. They wouldn't let us take pix, but you know it isn't going to be a common item in most homes...
- Bling! From sequined bed width pillows to crystal button tufted sofas and headboards, bling was in every store! I was in Magpie heaven!
- Circles! The shape of the year; incorporated into fabric , metals, lamp shades and art, circles are all over the place, whether polka dots or wood grain.
- Stick screens. These screens were everywhere, utilizing straight or wavy, these screens came in a variety of shades and heights, perfect for dividing a room or filling a space behind furniture! Very simple to make, I'll be posting a 'how to' in the near future!
What an eye opening experience and opportunity to see what's going to be hot this year.
There's another market there in August, anyone interested?