|Lake Buena Vista Expert|
|Kinn Tutas||Garden Views Realty, Inc.ResalesDVC.com|
|Specializing in DVC [Disney Vacation Club (R)] Resales|
Lake Buena Vista
The Disney Vacation Club point system timeshare. DVC Resales available at http://www.resalesdvc.com/
The real estate interest is represented by "vacation points". A customer purchases a number of vacation points as a one-time purchase, becoming a "member" of the "club". The price as of March 5th, 2007 was $104 per vacation point with the minimum purchase being 160 vacation points. After the initial purchase members are charged annual dues based on the number of vacation points they own. In 2007, the dues ranged from $4.12 to $5.63 per vacation point. Members receive a yearly allotment of these vacation points. Vacation Club members can then use these points to make reservations at one of the Vacation Club resorts or any of the other options available. The number of points needed depends on the room type, resort, and time of year selected. Points can be saved, or "banked", for use the following year. Points can also be borrowed from the upcoming year, for use in the current year. Point charts available from the menu bar above.
Home resort Animal Kingdom, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Vero Beach Resort and Hilton Head
A member's "home resort" is the resort in which they have a real estate interest. The main advantage to owning a real estate interest in one resort over another is that members are allowed to make reservations at their home resort up to eleven months in advance. For the other resorts it is only seven months. Another very important fact relating to the home resort is that any exchanges for accommodations external to resorts are made to and from a member's home resort. Lastly, a member's home resort determines the amount of a member's annual dues.
A DVC membership expires based on the home resort of the membership. The following table provides the year in which a membership at each home resort will expire:
|Home Resort||Expiration Year|
|Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas||2057|
|Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa||2054|
|All Other Home Resorts||2042|
- The studio is similar to a standard hotel room. The studio unit consists of two double beds (or one queen bed and a sleeper sofa) and a table. Also included is a wet bar with an under-counter refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. Each unit has a small patio with two chairs and a small table. The studio unit sleeps a total of four people.
- One-Bedroom Vacation Home
- The one-bedroom unit has a master suite, a living room, a kitchen, and a private patio. The master suite has a king-size bed, a master bath with a whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a television. The living room has a queen-size sleeper sofa and a television. The kitchen is fully equipped with a range, stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, coffee maker, and microwave oven. There is also a laundry closet with a washer and a dryer. The one-bedroom unit sleeps four people.
- Two-Bedroom Vacation Home
- The two-bedroom unit usually consists of a one-bedroom unit and a connecting studio. Some are dedicated two-bedroom units consisting of a one-bedroom unit and a second bedroom with two queen sized beds, a table with chairs, a television set, a private balcony or patio, and a full bathroom. The two-bedroom unit sleeps a total of eight people.
- Three-Bedroom Grand Villa
- The three-bedroom unit is the most luxurious vacation home at Vacation Club resorts. Each unit has three bedrooms and three baths, spanning two floors. The first floor has a master bedroom suite, a living room, a kitchen. The master bedroom suite has a king-size bed, a master bath with a whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a television. The living room has a cathedral ceiling, queen-size sleeper sofa, and a television. The kitchen is fully equipped with a range, stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, coffee maker, and microwave oven. The second floor has two additional bedrooms. Each of these rooms has two double-size beds (or one queen bed and a sleeper sofa) and a private bathroom. There is also a laundry closet with a washer and a dryer on the second floor. Three-Bedroom Grand Villa unit sleep a total of twelve people. The Grand Villas at the BoardWalk Villas are single story units. Both the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge and the Beach Club Villas do not contain Grand Villa units.
Note: There are slight variations in unit configurations from resort to resort.