"A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another."
What a great idea for a meme this "5 things you don't know about me". So simple, but so catchy. What more do we love, but to talk about ourselves? No matter how much we care for people or how great listeners we think we are, the truth is that we are egotistic creatures by nature. I am no exception, so here is my egotistic input after having been encouraged to meme by Jeff Belonger:
1. I am Colombian. You may not be able to tell by just looking at my face or hearing my name (Warman is somewhat neutral, but my maiden name is Himelfarb), but I was born in Medellin and raised in Bogota. The looks I get from my Polish/Russian grandparents, my name is Israeli, but my blood is pure Colombian. I dance like a Colombian and talk as much as one (unless I get that from my "yachne" grandmother).
2. I border on neurotic. I am sooo organized that I am way past anal retentive. My husband teases me and calls me Monk when he sees me align my jewlery at night on the nightstand. Finding my husband's keys in the morning is an adventure, mine are always neatly in the same place. I have eased up a little since I got married and my husband has caught some of my traits. I guess we are almost equally neurotic/free spirited now (not quite, but then again, we've only been married 2 years).
3. I love what I do. I have an advertising and marketing background, and as glamorous and fun as it may be to work at an ad agency, I wouldn't do anything other than real estate. I have a passion for it and as a reward, I get to make as much money as I can (not as others decide I'm worth) and I get to choose my own schedule.
4. I love to cook. When I was like 8 or 12, I loved to bake, but wouldn't make anyhting non-desert. When I got married, I could make browines, but could barely fry an egg, but now, I am a pretty good cook, I love it and I even make up new recipes as I go along.
5. I have a puppy. My parents are breeders in Colombia, and when my brother sent us a video of their last litter, we just couldn't resist and asked my brother to bring us a puppy. His name is Archie, an 8 month old black labrador retriever. Here is his picture when he was about 3 weeks old, so you can see why we couldn't resist.
Bonus: Mountain or beach? Definitely beach