We here at You Matter Omaha believe in staging and how much staging helps sell homes. We spend as much time as possible preparing your home to look it's absolute best for photos and in person visits. We also give you all the information you need to make this not an inconvience for you during the listing time. But there are always things that can be done by you prior to us showing up.
- What do buyers see first when they see your home? The outside of course! So tackle this opstical first. Rake leaves, Pull weeds, Plant colorful flowers, touch up paint and scrape anything that needs scraping. There's always more than this but these are a couple of good first thoughts that could be done. And of course constant mowing helps (or shoveling as this is Nebraska).
- Many of us clean the house weekly or daily but when it's time to go on the market you just might have to do that extra little bit that's not in the normal rotation. Do a deep clean!
- Become your own handyman or woman! Fix leaky faucets, paint, or just simple stuff to give the final touches of a well cared for home.
- Have you ever tried the couch at an angle or that chair in a different corner? New layouts can really change the feeling of a home. Move around the furniture and find that perfect spot that makes the room feel inviting.
- Add just a little visual flair. Bring in some greenery to the home, it can be fake or live. Look for color and character.
- Appeal to all the sense not just visual. Bake something before the Open House, or get a scentsy. The "Just Cleaned" smell is amazing as well, just not the "Wet Dog" smell.
These are just a couple of small things you can do to make your house look Show Ready.