(BETHESDA REAL ESTATE) If over 80% of all buyers are shopping on the web, then as real estate professionals we need to be there first. They are looking for property and are hungry for information on how to go about purchasing that property. Eventually these buyers end up with real estate professionals to guide them through the process as evidenced by the large blue wedge in the following chart. Almost half of the buyers who buy homes come directly through the agents.
What Does That Mean to You as a Seller?
It means you need an agent who can be found on the Internet. Found by buyers and found by other agents. Because when your agent knows how to be found, he/she will know how to get your home found on the Internet.
To Get Buyers to Come In:
Your agent needs to be:
- Using a blog to communicate up to date targeted information on market conditions and the home buying process to as wide a population as possible.
- Syndicating listings out to a wide net of buyers through sites like: Oodle, Trulia, Realtor.com, Postlets, Backpage, Edgio, company web sites and so many more
- Using a wide angle camera or a professional photographer to get good pictures of the home. Buyers love homes with pictures.
- Using a good visual tour company that captures the number of times buyers click on the tour
- Championing your home in words!
Your home is not:
3 brms, 2bth, lr, dr, fp, imm occ.
Your home is:
If you have been looking for the perfect home to enjoy life to the fullest, this is it! Come by today and fall in love with your new home...
(Okay so maybe that's laying it on a little thick but you get the ideaJ)
- Using an email database to get information about new listings, open houses, or price adjustments to a wide range of buyers.
- Using systems to get buyers who find them or the home on the Internet qualified and into homes that fit their qualifications.
The goal of all this marketing is to draw in the buyers so the product must be enticing enough to compel them to call, email or come to an open house. Remember, you've priced it well and cleaned and neutralized it to perfection. Well, you did, didn't you?
To Get Agents to Come In
Your agent needs to be:
- Using the MLS system to get listings in front of buyer agents. By the listing agent properly pricing, staging and photographing a home the buyer agents who specialize in your area see immediately the new listing and start to get that information into the hands of their buyers.
- Using an email campaign to let buyer agents who work in that area know about the listing or its changes. In a glut of inventory sometimes this breaks through!
- Using networking with other agents to let them know of current or upcoming listings. It's amazing what old fashioned gabbing will do!
- Most important of all.... Give them a product they can sell! Be the best on the market, offer competitive pricing and understand how they get paid.
It's a beautiful thing to see a plan come together. Even more beautiful is the SOLD sign that goes in the front yard when we all understand how this flow works and why it takes a great listing agent who knows how to be where the buyers are!
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by The Activerain Network and its members and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Josette Skilling or Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. Josette Skilling and Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. are not responsible for the accuracy nor the content provided by the community.