Come see and touch the animals at Fairfax County's up close and personal yet working farm. Kidwell Farm at Frying Pan Park celebrated its 50th anniversary last year.
Come visit for an hour and re-connect with your rural roots or just relax with the animals.
Bring your kids or just yourself. Our youngest kid is 20, but we still visit the farm regularly...it's free and fun.
You may see me there with my camera at sunset...it is a great place to unwind...right in the middle of suburbia.
Disclaimer: No actual off camera children were spoken to "firmly"in the making of this video.
They were virtual children put in to add attempted entertainment value.
Our actual youngest child is 21...and I never spoke this firmly to any of my children.
I have always been kind, quiet and gentle.
This a Fairfax County Park Farm that actually plants crops and raises animals for you to see. The live turkey that is presented to the president of the United States on Thanksgiving retires safely here.
Located off West Ox road near its intersection with Centreville road, the farm is just outside of Herndon on the Chantilly side. Here is the address for your GPS and the phone #: 2709 West Ox Road • Herndon, Virginia 20171 • 703-437-9101
Admission is free to Frying Pan Farm Park and Kidwell Farm.
- Frying Pan Farm Park: open daily dawn to dusk
- Kidwell Farm: open daily 9am - 5 pm
- Wagon Rides: 10am - 4pm, Monday - Saturday; and Noon - 4pm, Sunday, March through November (call to confirm)
- Country Store: 10am - 4:30pm, Monday - Saturday; and 1 - 4:30pm, Sunday, March through December
- Visitor Center: 10am - 4:30pm, Monday - Saturday; and 12 - 4:30pm, Sunday
- Activity Center: hours vary (please call: 703-437-9101)
Check out the animal birthing schedule at the Frying Pan Park web site