One of my fellow Realtors moved recently and while packing she came across some old advertising materials from 1990.
A local, 'shopper' type weekly newspaper likes to run lots of speciality inserts from wedding guides to seasonal cookbooks. This publication my friend found was a recipe collection of Realtor contributed recipes. I ran a couple of nice recipes I had submitted plus the following one:
"Recipe for a Successful Home Sale
- 195 pounds of Jim Lee, Realtor (remember, this was 17 years ago) ;-)
- 85 professional Realty Executives Agents
- 1 Large bunch of qualified buyers
- Cup of Nationwide referrals
- Box of effective advertising
- Package of satisfied customers for more referrals
- Large can of salesmanship
- 2 Cups of financing knowledge
- Pinch of aggressiveness
- Add lots of follow up from listing to closing.
Blend all above ingredients, fold in enthusiasm and market knowledge. Place into Multiple Listing Service and market approximately 95 days or until contract is accepted, gather at closing and transfer title.
This recipe serves everyone well!
Call your Realtor Chef Jim Lee at 693-3232 and let me get cooking for you!"
I always liked 'different' sorts of ad copy. I remembered thinking if anyone kept the recipe collection they would automatically keep my ad above. I was in the restaurant business for a number of years pre real estate so I learned my way around a kitchen (and a dishwasher, and a mop, and a broom, and etc., etc... ;-)
If anyone likes good, home made from scratch carrot cake this is one of my mother-in-law's recipes:
Delicious Carrot Cake
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of firmly packed, grated carrots.
Mix ingredients in order listed and bake at 350, pre-heated oven for 50 minutes
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1 large block cream cheese (8 Oz.)
- 1 stick butter or margarine (4 oz.)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (black walnuts are an excellent substitute)
- 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract (if you substitute black walnuts, use black walnut extract in the icing, it's awesome)