You think English is Easy???
Can you read these right the first time?
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsman about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sower fell down into a sewer line.\
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sew.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Let's face it~~English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple or pine in pineapple. English Muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads (which aren't sweet) aremeat. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, wefind that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are squares and a Guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.