Considering relocation to Southwest Missouri? Here's another great reason to come join us!
Southwest Missouri sits at a crossroads of the great U.S. highway system.
That's not very romantic, you say! Why don't you tell us about the beautiful trees, the rolling hills, the laid-back pace of life in the country? Well, I will, but in another blog post. Today, let's be practical for a moment.
Our highway sytem helps drive our economy and makes your life more convenient.
- Proximity to major highways drives a strong job market...producers in Southwest Missouri can move their goods efficiently.
- Southwest Missouri puts you on the quick road to far-away family or vacation destinations throughout the U.S.
- Commutes and shopping trips to larger cities in our area are simple...just get on the highway.
Take a look at the map below. Find Interstate 44, and Highway 71. That's all you need!
- Interstate 44 runs southwest out of Springfield to Joplin, and continues to Oklahoma City. From there, pick up I-40 and head southwest, or drive I-35 all the way down into Texas.
- Going the other way? Take I-44 back east to St. Louis and pick up Interstate 70 for an easy connection to all points east of the mighty Mississippi.
- Hop on Highway 71 running north out of Carthage, a simple exit straight off I-44. It becomes Interstate 29. That picks up I-70 in Kansas City, or I-80 in Omaha. Both of these will give you a long east-west run, and in the case of I-80, you can drive it until you pretty much hit ocean on either side.
View Larger Map
Southwest Missouri has you covered! Every area I serve is within easy reach of either 71 or I-44. It's usually half an hour or less to one or the other.
Take a hard look at the map of other rural areas you may be considering for relocation. Will their roads take you everywhere you want to go?
Presented by: Judith Reppert, Your Southwest Missouri Real Estate Specialist