If you didn't see the Movie "How to Lose a Guy in ten day" it is probably a good thing because none of those rules apply.
He, the advertising executive, bets his friends that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days and she, the journalist, is writing an article about how to lose a guy in 10 days. They meet, she makes his life miserable, he puts up with it because he is trying to get her to fall in love with him and she gets more and more annoying and strange until he can't take it anymore
If you are trying to sell a home in Northern Virginia ............ you CANNOT be her.
- You CANNOT be the odd one out, the strange and annoying one.
- You CANNOT have the most expensive house on the street.
- You CANNOT leave the house a mess.
- You CANNOT ignore the bad animal odor
- You CANNOT keep thinking your house is better
- You CANNOT ignore the market
- You CAN and SHOULD be the lowest priced home in your area (To comparable homes of course)
- You CAN paint
- You CAN de-clutter
- You CAN wash your windows
- You CAN clean your carpets
- You CAN replace your carpets if they are really bad
- You CAN leave your home clean during the showing hours
- You CAN stage your home
- You CAN (PLEASE) eliminate ALL pet odors from your home
-If you can't smell an animal odor, and you have pets, get someone else to tell you whether or not there is an odor.
Someone you trust to be completely honest with you, or call me, I'll be honest with you.
I cannot tell you enough how important this is. If I bring a buyer into a house and it smells like 25 animals live there, that buyer is gone and there are no second chances, they are not coming back. EVER!!! (I could have titled this blog "how to lose a buyer in 1 day and this would have been at the top of the list).
- As a Seller's agent, I am trying to sell your home. I WANT to sell your home. It is my chosen profession and how I make a living. When I provide you with information, there may be times I seem like the girl in the story, trying to get you to "lose" me, but I'm not. I may not want to tell you the "bad news", but you are paying me to do a job, and part of my job is to tell you the truth. I may be like the girl in the movie, and you won't like me sometimes, but you'll love me when your house sells before your neighbors does.
- As a buyer's agent, I want to find you the perfect home. I am going to give you the facts as well. I am going to be the one to point out the bad odor, if you missed it and the funny stain in the ceiling if you missed that. I am going to tell you, not only what the house down the street sold for, but what other homes, just like this one, are available for you to look at. I am going to help you find the right lender, with the right loan for you. I am going to make you aware of ALL of your options. I'm more like the guy in the movie, doing everything right and not having any bad news to relay, unless, of course, you have unrealistic expectations, but then we'll have to talk about that too...