The last few days have been hectic. I've been working with a few new clients that are either buying or looking to rent a home and scheduling can sometimes be a challenge...
where are you going to be at a particular point in time so that you don't inconvenience a seller/landlord anymore than you have to.
HOWEVER, sometimes that inconvenience is handed off to the buyer/tenant in the form of a SHOWING RESTRICTION.
Here is a few that I've encountered recently:
1. No showings until further notice--
2. No showings until 6 PM (not always terrible, but right now, it's dark at 6pm and many homes we're seeing are vacant without power so not a good time to be showing!).
3. Agent schedules their own showings and does not return calls/texts (this one is MUY MALO, because that agent isn't doing their seller/landlord justice!)
4. Must provide at least 24 (or even 48) hours notice prior to showings.
5. No showings during the week.
As a seller/landlord, I understand it's a pain and inconvenience to "SHOW" your home. However, any restrictions on showing are NOT in your favor. If it's HARDER to show your property than someone elses...guess what...it might be left off the list!
One particular person I am working with has a list of 30 "possible" homes to see. I can't possibly show that many so by process of elimination, any of the restrictions above MIGHT eliminate the home from being shown. I'm on the clients timeclock, not the seller's.
I guess all I'm saying is that when selling, sometimes a little inconvenience can make all the difference between selling and sitting on the market.