5 Effective Networking Tips
1. Set a goal - How many people in how much time
do you want to meet? 10 people in 20 minutes? What's
your goal for the event?? Get clear so you're
2. Take notes. Right there... right on the back of
the business card they give you: WRITE your notes about
3. Ask politely for face time. People want
to meet others, but are rarely invited. Approach
this from the perspective of what you can bring
to them -- a potential client?
4. Match people together. Use the '3-M' approach.
Meet others, Make conversation, Match them with
others in the room. (This allows you to accomplish
5. Follow-up. Get organized with the names and
business cards you just collected. Within 48 hrs.,
make contact. Suggest a breakfast meeting to the person
to get further acquainted.