These are great tips for new construction in ANY part of the United States. I've been working with area builders lately and we don't have a lot of new construction; lenders are waiting on pre-sales. We always recommend a home inspection; it's a great punch-list for the buyers to go through with the builders after they receive it. Always work with an agent who knows reputable local builders. Well worth reading!
Five Tips for Buying New Construction Homes in Newburgh NY
1. GET PRE-APPROVED for your loan. There should never be a fee to get a Pre-Approval, and you are not committed to them in the future. There is still time to shop for the best deal on your mortgage. Having this Pre-Approval does give you a good deal of info into the mortgage process. By looking exclusively within your price range, it keeps you on track with your budget, saves time and eliminates frustration looking properties that just aren’t going to work.
2. If you have a home to sell in Newburgh, it needs to be listed prior purchasing a new home. Generally speaking a Resale Home is on the market in this area for approximately 130 days right now. A builder cannot wait for you to be “ready to buy”. When the home is finished he is ready to close on the transaction. Get your home listed and under contract at least before looking to purchasing the next home. At that point you can work with the builders.
3. Work with an agent that knows the local builders. Having knowledge about the building process is important. There are a few things that work differently with building as it takes a bit longer. No surprises when building a new home is the goal.
4. Home inspections are still a good thing. During the building process the town building inspector is on site and there are periodic inspections that must meet specific requirements. The Town of Newburgh NY has some of the highest standards in New York. Still, a home inspection when the home is complete is a great idea. A home inspector can make sure that important details have not been overlooked.
5. Pricing on new construction is at an all time low. Value is up and homes are great as new is the best. Don’t expect much on negotiations on these homes. Offers should not reflect resale homes that could have the ability to negotiate. New construction home prices in Newburgh NY are currently priced right to sell.
When you are looking to purchase a new construction home in Newburgh NY or the surrounding areas contact me. I will be able to help you find a house that you can call home and make the transaction as seamless as possible. I can be reached at Janis@kphv.com or 845-527-7115.
Real Estate Sales in the Hudson Valley Janis Borgueta, Realtor Newburgh, New York
Buying or Selling Real Estate in the Newburgh Area? www.myhudsonvalleyproperties.com
Real Estate Sales Agent in Newburgh NY
845-527-7115 cell phone
Key Properties of the Hudson Valley
FIND ME ONLINE