Even though temperatures are dropping and there may be snow forcasted (yikes)...If your home is for sale, an important part of staging your home is .......Wintertime Curb Appeal!!
Wintertime Curb Appeal tips:
1. Clean up your planters, but don't trim plants too far back as they can add texture and interest to your landscape even in winter. Just trim so it is neat. Dried heads of hydrangia plants look great with a white snow backdrop.
2. If you are in an area that has milder winter weather, be sure to clean up leaves and lay down some fresh mulch to keep things looking tidy. You can also plant cold-hardy plants such as pansies, violas, and ornamental kale...which will last all through the winter.
3. If the ground hasn't frozen yet, you can add some evergreens to your planters to add more color and interest through the drab dreary days of winter. You can also do groupings of evergreen plants in planters or boxes on your front step. With the variety of green, blue-gray, and blue toned conifers you can add some great color, shape and texture.
4. In climates (like Minnesota) where temperatures dip well below freezing. Adding cut branches and boughs mixed with berries, pinecones, and even fruit (see picture above) to your planters and window boxes will really draw the eyes of your buyers to your beautiful home. You can even add little round white lights to add an extra touch in the evening!
5. Add a seasonal ornamental wreath to your door and a colorful clean door mat to welcome visitors...especially buyers.
6. Don't overdo holiday decorations...forgo the blow up santas and reindeers. Simple white lights and fresh green garlands can dress up your home beautifully. Sweet and simple!
7. Outdoor lighting is crucial during this time of year...as your house will most likely be shown after dark (since it's dark at 4:30/5:00 pm). Make sure steps are illuminated as well as any other walkways. Put in high wattage bulbs to really make your house shine.
8. Again in those snowier areas of the country....keep your driveways and walkways clear of snow and ice...you don't want a potential buyer not to stop because they are worried about making it to the door!
Create your own Winter Wonderland.......Don't let those buyers drive by!
Lea-Ann Virnig, owner and designer for Home Beautiful Staging and Design, can help you transform your home into a product that will sell! Check out www.HomeBeautifulDesign.com to see what Home Beautiful Staging and Design can do for you!
Home Beautiful Staging and Design services the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area in Minnesota providing Occupied and Vacant Real Estate Staging Services, Redesign Services, and Color Consultations.