Fun Stuff! It's always nice to blog about things that are light-hearted and not so serious for once. I am supposed to tell you 5 things you don't know about me and then I get to tag 3 of you to go do the same.
- I was not born in a hospital. This question always get me a slot on the people bingo when we play 20 questions, and somehow I am always the only one in the crowd who can sign off the square. Shockingly it still is a question at icebreakers. Oh, many of you may be wondering, where was I born? Well, borning answer. I was born in a bed. But the interesting part was I was delievered by my grandmother who was a midwife.
- Me & my sister share a scar on our foreheads. Freaky things happen and it happened twice in our own home. We both fell down (more like rolled all the way down) the same flight of stairs when we were both 3. If you look really up close now, you can see a scar in our foreheads in the same approximate place.
- I am a stager most of the time, but I am also a yoga teacher. Yes, I am a certified, 200+ hours trained yoga teacher who teaches 2 public classes and private sessions at night. I have even traveled to Germany to teach workshops this March. You can read about my other life at www.cindylinyoga.com or visit me on the website at the spa & studio that I teach: International Orange. (People asked me all the time "Why is it named International Orange?" The studio is named after the paint color of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. :) ) It's getting increasingly difficult to juggle my staging & yoga life, but yoga helps me with my sanity and keep me grounded. My one regret this year is the bottom half of the year I have been too distracted and have let my yoga side slip. It made me a lot more tense.
- I made up my own major in college. Yes, in true rebellious Cal student fashion (and also one who never actually made it to class for some reason hmmmm), I somehow found a common thread that linked 3 majors that I wanted to take classes from and managed to made up my own major that actually sounded legit.
And if case you are wondering... I received B.A. in Interdisplinary Fields Studies: Visual Representation & Manipulation (hmmm a bit like staging!). I also had a second major in Legal Studies.
- I am not from this country. I used to joke that "hey, don't look at me, I am not from this country and I don't know what that means!" I don't say it anymore because none of my friends believe me anymore since I have been in the country for 11 years. When I first arrived here my English was at the same level of a fourth grader. I read my way to a 12th grader's level at the end of the same school year (1 book a day. It wasn't even difficult books. I read all the Beverly Clearly and other kids' books. So read to your kids!!) The following year I learned conversational English by watching 4 hours of TV sitcoms a night.
;) Now it's my turn to tag!
I am tagging: