This afternoon Margaret Woda Meme'd me... I've been meme'd before and as a slacker I am, I've managed to ignored it until I forgot about it. Sorry Memer's that's no reflection on you, being tagged is actually an honor, I've just not been hanging out here in the rain! Life has gotten in the way, but tonight I'm not sleeping and thanks to Margaret my brain is meme'ing.
- I am a Pisces. I am named after a boat. I was born in a place called Neptune. I am a double certified scuba diver. Why I live in a land locked state is beyond me. Well not really I love the mountains too.
- I hitchhiked in Swaziland. Yes, the one in Africa.
- I'm very good at fixing flat tires. In fact my husband just hands them to me. I've fixed at least a hundred flat bicycle tires. Once I did 9 in one day.
- I used to have a passion for Rollerblading. So passionate I was I skated in strange places, like the runway at DIA (Denver International Airport) of course that was BEFORE it was open. I would find pavement on new freeways and skate. My favorite story occurred at NAR one year in San Francisco. There is a circular hotel with the parking garage in the middle. I put my skates on at the top and skated all the way down. The guard yelled to me saying, "You can't do that!" I shouted back "But I just did!" :) I then spent the rest of the day skating the entire loop around San Francisco.
- I celebrated my 50th birthday twice. Why? We were in Africa and not living by the calendar nor even a watch. The first celebration was in a tent with a hyena pacing back and forth all night opposite a very high fence. The second was in a posh open air b & b where I had 2 glasses of 25 year old scotch. It helped me forget the frogs on the floor in my room and the hippos over the hill just outside.
Ok now comes the hard part. Since I haven't been hanging around here for months, (been busy selling Denver real estate) I don't know who has or hasn't been Meme'd. (be back in a few...)
Ok, I'm back after lurking around I feel like a Zombie looking for Meme blood...I found some great candidates, hope they will participate and keep up the meme spirit.