Okay my secret just hit the newswire. There is a product that I have told a few of you about that is EPA certified and kills mold dead. One large lender has been using it to clean up commercial and multifamiles for the past few months. I didn't say anything because those who were in the know have been buying moldy buildings for pennies for months now. It is my understanding on good authority that the product was invented while working on another project by accident. The product is either sprayed or gases into a building and the mold is killed. The gas goes behind walls, joits rafters you name it and since its epa certified it meets building codes for remediation.
For commercial applications you need to be certified but homeowners can do it themselves as can lenders via a vendor. One product is now availible at Home Depot its called Moldex! It hit their shelves about a month ago here in NY but it was not on the newswires until today so the cats out of the bag.
This stuff is awesome!!! HD sells it in either a spray bottle or a 5 gallon pale and you can rent the machine that turns the liquid into the gas form for large jobs.
Litterally the BOMB!
UPDATE- TM-100 is not Moldex. They are 2 seperate companies with two distinct products. TM-100 is not a chemical from what I have been told my the manufacturer. TM-100 is an enzyme. Moldex is a chemical.
As of now I will be testing TM-100 on a building in New York. Please contact me in a few weeks for the results.