Here aree are the 2012 stats and 2011 for comparison -
- 7 Homes Sold (December=7)
- Lowest price: $95,000 (December =$48,000)
- Highest price: $725,000 (December =$585,000)
- Shortest Days on Market:20 (December =6)
- Longest Days on Market: 661 (December =215)
- 9 homes sold (December =10)
- Lowest price: $44,000 (December =$71,100)
- Highest price: $715,000 (December =$2,400,000)
- Shortest Days on Market: 9 (December =2)
- Longest Days on Market: 264 (December =214)
Sales are flat, essentially, month over month and year over year. The lower price point has a nice bump, which could indicate the super value-priced properties are being purchased. I’m not really sure what drove the increase (and substantial one at that) in the days on market, but it was not the highest nor the lowest priced home.
Atlantic Beach is the northernmost of our beaches communities here in the Jacksonville Beaches area, and many residents enjoy the pedestrian feel of the town, with Town Center’s restaurants and shops so close by.
Properly priced and properly presented properties are STILL selling – currently, the Jacksonville area has 10.95 months of inventory (housing supply), right now and homes can and do sell in very few days on market. Atlantic Beach has 14.29 months of inventory as I write this post.
If you are ready to list your home, please call me for a comparable market analysis to see what your current equity position is in your home.
If you or someone you know is considering a short sale, please have them contact me for a no-obligation confidential interview about their current situation and how best for them to move forward. I hold the Certified Distressed Property Expert, and am one of a mere 18,000 who do so – I can help salvage their credit, and their financial future.