Get It In Writing Because Money Changes Everything

Real Estate Agent

When selling Real Property in Utah the standard form to use is called Real Estate Purchase Contract.  a.k.a.  the REPC (pronounced Rep-See).

This is the form that Licensed Real Estate Agents must use, buyer and sellers may use any form they choose however if there is a Real Estate agent involved then this is the form.  This form is approved by the Utah real estate commission and the office of the Utah attorney general, effective august 5, 2003. It replaces and supersedes all previously approved versions of this form.

It is actually a very good document and covers most circumstances that could arise. It is a very win-win and allows a buyer and seller to enter into an agreement to sell-buy real property and allows the buyer to do their diligence with deadlines. It covers things like inspection, appraisal, loan and remedies for defaults.

To download a copy of the Real Estate Purchase Contract.

Everything must be in writing no matter how much you know or like someone or how nice they seem.

Remember "Money Changes Everything".

Comments (3)

Lynda Eisenmann
Preferred Home Brokers - Brea, CA
Broker Associate ,CRS,GRI,SRES, Brea,CA, Orange Co

Hi Rob,

Not sure if it's this way elsewhere...yet in CA when it comes to real estate... # 1 It must be in writing.

Not only to be's interesting how some experience amnesia at times.

Dec 06, 2007 02:59 PM
Adam Brett
The Adam and Eric Group - Fullerton, CA
The Adam and Eric Group, Fullerton's Finest
I not only put everything in writing but make it a practice to email my clients after we had a conversation recapping what we spoke about.  If they do not agree they have the immediate ability to refute it.
Dec 06, 2007 03:06 PM

In UT it doesn't need to be in writing to be LEGAL, but to be ENFORCEABLE. I would venture to say that it is that way in most states.


Dec 06, 2007 10:09 PM