5 Ways to Clean the Air,
Some Great Ideas Here For Home Sellers In South Central WI!
One thing you just cannot take for granted is the air we breathe!
Kristin Johnston, Realtor Extroardinaire from Waukesha County WI posted this great post on just how to help keep the air we breathe in our own homes clean. This is especially important when trying to sell your home. One thing that will turn off potential buyers quickly is being hit with our families "smells". Air out your home at every chance you get. Don't try to hide smells with air fresheners or strong smelling cleaners. You will just have smell on top of smell.
Have a great day all!
The air inside your house is up to five times more polluted than what you breathe outside. Use these 5 strategies to improve your indoor air quality:
1. Don't Let Anyone Smoke. Secondhand smoke contains hundreds of carcinogenic and toxic chemicals.
2. Ventilate. Crack a window and run exhaust fans (make sure they vent outdoors and not into other parts of the house). Move furniture away from outside walls for better air circulation.
3. Switch Paints. Most paints release volatile organic compounds even after they have dried. These gases have been linked to cancers, memory loss, development damage and reproductive problems. Cut your exposure and use low-VOC paints.
4. Rehab your Closet. Use toxin-free moth repellents like cedar chips and take plastic off dry cleaning before putting your clothes away.
5. Keep Moisture Down. Mold and mildew can aggravate allergies and asthma. To keep them from infiltrating, regularly check your roof, foundation and basement for leaks or evidence of moisture problems.
Waukesha County Real Estate. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at 414-254-6647. Need help selling your home? Looking to purchase a home? Find a home in the MLS,on-line info,community information, mortgage calculators and more: www.kristinjohnston.com
Your contact for all your real estate needs in Waukesha County, WI.
PLEASE ASK ME ABOUT MY GIVE BACK PROGRAM, WHERE I MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO AN ANIMAL SHELTER IN YOUR NAME UPON CLOSING!!!
Listen to my blog at http://podcasts.odiogo.com/kristins-blog/podcasts-xml.php
Se Habla Espanol!
In addition to my ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) and EPRO designations, I now have the IRES designation (International Real Estate Specialist) as well, so I can assist you with your real estate needs world-wide! Call me today at 414 254 6647 or email me at email@example.com!