Home Selling in the Spring Home Sales market but waiting for Spring?
Don't wait to get ready for listing your home. You can be doing some of the preparation for the Spring Home Selling Market in Michigan right now.
Starting early with the inside of your home can reduce stress and allow you to take a bit more time getting your home ready. We still have some strange weather for Michigan. We don't know if it is going to snow or break out in flower-buds.
Here is a quick overview to help you create your own list of preparing your home to sell. If you would like a more complete home Seller Checklist your can go to my website or use this link and a list will be emailed to you. FREE SELLER Checklist, or on our website Flexit Realty Grand Rapids.
- Review one room at a time.
- Start at the entry to your home. Open the front closet door. Does it need cleaned out?
- Make all closets in your home roomy. Pack everything you don't need or use in Storage boxes.
- Declutter your home. Do you have knick Knacks, collections or other items that could get broken when your home is shown for sale?
- Clean and polish. Bathrooms will need to sparkle so this would be down the list a week before listing.
- Painting and touch up. Inside work like this can be done now and is the perfect time. You can't do any outside work. Your home will still smell like fresh paint when you list it for sale.
- Basement and Garages must be cleaned too.
- Attics with walk-up accesses, make sure it doesn't look like a museum of forgotten and discarded items.
- Furniture, do you have rooms stuffed full making them look smaller? Review your furniture needs, open floor space makes homes appear larger than they are, when space is used correctly.
- Floors, inspect your flooring and carpets. Sometimes it is wiser to offer a flooring allowance than replacing carpets with the wrong color! Ask your agent their thoughts on the condition and how it could affect your sale.