• The 2006 Lee County population is estimated at 585,608.
· According to the University of Florida Bureau of Economic and Business Research, Lee County will add between 75,000 and 100,000 people every five years until 2030.• That means that the county will have added as many people in 25 years as it did in the 45 years before.
• Between 1960 and 2005, the population growth was about 500,000. It's expected to double by 2030, bringing the total population to 1 million.
• The 2006 Florida population is estimated at 18,089,888.
· According to the Census Bureau, Florida remains the third most populous state, behind California and Texas.
• Florida gained 321,697 people between July 2005 and July 2006. That was a larger increase than any state except Texas.
• Thee are more than 26 million people projected by 2030.