Are you thinking of installing a water well in Bellingham, MA. This article is geared towards understanding Bellingham, MA Board of Health Regulations. Understanding your town regulations can be instrumental in compiling total project costs when it comes to drilling a water well in Bellingham, MA.
- Permit Info: Well construction permit fee: $50.00
- Well Location : site plan required labeling well location, previous wells, and wetlands within 200 feet.
- Water Quality testing: Extensive Plus Radon
- Water Quantity testing : 4 Hour pump test, proving well is sufficient..
- Real Estate Transfer Requirements: As of now, Bellingham does not have any real estate transfer requirements posted. However we strongly suggest getting the water quality and quantity tested to show you are getting a clean, safe, and usable well.
Wells on average in the Town of Bellingham, MA range from 300-400 in depth however its not uncommon for wells to run shallower or deeper hence why its called the average. The casing depth averages at 40 feet however deeper pockets of rock are possible.
If you have further questions in regards to Bellingham, MA water Well Regulations you can call the Board Of Health @ (508) 966-5820
Written by: Sarah Thibaudeau. Assistant to Operations Manager