Are you thinking of installing a water well in Bolton, MA. This article is geared towards understanding Bolton MA Board of Health Regulations. Understanding your town regulations can be instrumental in compiling total project costs when it comes to drilling a water well in Bolton, MA.
- Permit Info: Well construction permit fee: $75.00 ( written to Nashoba Board Of Health)
- Well Location : Complete and return application
- Water Quality testing: Extensive Plus Radon/ you also must inform the board of health the date and time of the testing 48 hours prior.
- Water Quantity testing: 4 Hour pump test, proving well is sufficient.
- Real Estate Transfer Requirements: As of now, Bolton MA does not have any real estate transfer requirements posted. However we strongly suggest getting the water quality and quantity tested to show you are getting a clean, safe, and usable well.
Wells on average in the Town of Bolton MA range from 300-400 in depth however it’s not uncommon for wells to run shallower or deeper hence why its called the average. The casing depth averages at 40 feet however deeper pockets of rock are possible.
If you have further questions in regards to Bolton, MA water Well Regulations you can refer to their website @ http://033a45a.netsolhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/WELL-CONSTR-DESTR-PROC.pdf
Written by: Sarah Thibaudeau. Assistant to Operations Manager