18 Miles from Steamboat Springs - An All Inclusive Dude Ranch
Steamboat Springs has a lot to offer for warm weather activities and summer vacations, but what you might not know about is an all-inclusive dude ranch that's one of the best to be found west of the Mississippi. About a half hour outside of downtown Steamboat Springs, in the Elk River Valley, you’ll find The Home Ranch. There’s something to be said for the name, as you’ll enjoy western hospitality at it’s finest with gourmet cuisine, lodging options that include private cabins and live music around a big, warm campfire.
What’s a day like at The Home Ranch? Well after a scrumptious breakfast you can:
- Go for a hike in the Rocky Mountains with a guide or by yourself if you prefer
- Go horseback riding and/or take equestrian lessons
- Enjoy fly fishing at its finest, and endorsed by none other than Orvis
- Swim in the on-site pool
- Let your kids enjoy the outdoor adventures in the Children’s Program
- Take the shuttle in to Steamboat Springs to shop, relax in the hot spring pools, bike the core trail, attend a festival or any number of Steamboat Springs’ summer activities
- Hayrides, barn dances and dinner shows are offered throughout the week on The Home Ranch grounds
- For next winter, keep in mind that The Home Ranch offers cross country and skate skiing along with a host of winter activities
Of course Steamboat Springs is known for skiing and can proudly boast its Champagne Powder® and Ski Town USA® name, but this time of year when spring and summer are just around the corner, you might not think of Steamboat Springs for an all inclusive summer vacation…now you can. Steamboat Springs and The Home Ranch offer an unbeatable western experience and with summer activities and events every week. The Yampa Valley and Elk River Valley welcome you for a summer get-away you’ll never forget.