Do You Have A Passport? If not you might want to apply now!

Real Estate Broker/Owner with DeFranco Real Estate Corp.

WNY Residents will need a passport starting Summer 2008 to go to Canada Heading over to Canada for Dinner from Western New York?

Not so fast, soon you will need a passport to cross the boarder. In Western New York we are comfortable crossing the boarder on a regular basis.  For many of us it is the next town over.  We never thinking twice about it, well now we soon will have to think about it with the new travel regulations that are set to go into place sometime in the Summer of 2008.  With that we will need a passport to head over to Canada.  There is more information regarding these regulations at the Department of Homeland Security's website.

So think ahead and get your passport application in now! There is a long wait for those passports, so you might as well get the application and apply now. It only takes a few moments of your time to process your passport. It takes weeks to get the passport in the mail. And as Summer approaches, more people will be applying for their passport. So do it now!


For a Complete list of locations to apply in Western New York for your Passport go to:  Attention WNY Residents Do You have Your Passport?


Western New York Homes For Sale:

Interested in selling your Western New York home or Investment Property? Then we need to talk! Call today at: (716) 990-3228.


What is DREAM?

We call it DREAM, you can call it DeFranco Real Estate and Mortgage.


DeFranco Real Estate & Mortgage


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
New York Niagara County Niagara Falls
Erie County Homes
wny real estate
western new york news

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Larry Bettag
Cherry Creek Mortgage Illinois Residential Mortgage License LMB #0005759 Cherry Creek Mortgage NMLS #: 3001 - Saint Charles, IL
Vice-President of National Production
This is great info.  My passport expires in the next 12 months so it's time to reup!  Thanks.
Dec 12, 2007 06:07 AM #1
Leslie Bloss, Bellevue Real Estate Professional
Bellevue, WA

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the reminder--mine is going to expire in October.  Do you know if I need to send my old one in when I am getting a new one?

Dec 12, 2007 06:07 AM #2
Carl DeFranco
DeFranco Real Estate Corp. - Niagara Falls, NY
Buffalo Niagara Falls Real Estate
Leslie and Larry, just pick up a renewal application at your local passport office.   Fill it out, send a check, a new photo and your old passport with the application and you will get your new passport in 4-6 weeks.  Existing passports are easier to do as you do not have to do the personal interview.   Come to think of it, California, Arizona and Texas residents will have the same problem heading to Mexico. 
Dec 12, 2007 06:13 AM #3
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Carl DeFranco

Buffalo Niagara Falls Real Estate
Ask me a question

Additional Information