At the end of 2006 interest rates are historically low across the country. That's good news to buyers everywhere. If you listen to the national news about buying now you may not get the whole story though. "Real estate is local" and the good news for Columbus and Central Ohio is that buying real estate in Columbus now is a good thing.
5 Reasons to buy Columbus Real Estate in 2007:
- Great Inventory - Central Ohio Market Report - Columbus and Central Ohio have great inventory for buyers, it is a buyers market and has been for awhile. There is a lot of real estate to choose from and great variety in housing styles, neighborhoods and options.
- Safe Investment - 10 Safest US Markets - Don't let the title of my November 2006 blog post fool you, there is a link there to a blog about the 10 Riskiest US Markets, but Columbus is not on that list. Columbus is on the list of the ten safest real estate markets in the United States, according to the PMI Institute.
- Affordable - Historically Columbus has been very affordable. We did not have the price run ups that other US cities have had in the last few years. Bonus points: Columbus is an affordable college town and not just any college town when it comes to football!
- Great Loan Programs - Between OHFA loans for first time buyers and some of the great financing available from National City, 5th 3rd, Third Federal and Real Living Mortgage there is great financing available to qualified buyers.
- 2006 is history! It was a great year to buy a house in Columbus but 2006 is over. It's December 31, 2006 and all the title companies are closed... call me Tuesday, lets do it in 2007.
Happy New Year!