Ah, Spring is in the air, well actually it's that yellowish fine mist of pollen that creates incessant irritation for some and mild annoyance for others. That said, Spring, March and April to be exact, is the perfect time for Open Houses according to Trulia's Housing Market Calendar.
So, go ahead with your Spring cleaning, and then get ready for your Open House! In March and April many buyers, who will be looking to move over the school summer break and be in their new home before school starts back up, will be looking for Open Houses to attend. This is the time buyers are looking, and the inventories are usually still low, so take advantage of your opportunity by giving buyers a fresh and sunny Open House to stroll through this weekend! Here's a few tips for your homes spring debut:
- Clean out the cobwebs from the windows inside and out, and clean the windows as well
- Clean out your gutters
- Plant some colorful spring flowers, and put some potted seasonal plants out and about
- Make sure all dead leaves have been cleaned up
- Keep all the pollen cleaned up (no small task here)
- Put on your bright and cheery spring colors-bedding, pillows, curtains, etc.
- Get some floral scents wafting about the house, candles, melters, plug-ins
- De-clutter every room
Also, make sure your real estate agent is advertising your Open House in every possible venue to get the most exposure for your home.
Subscribe to CommentsComment