The newest 'meme' challenge is to name 5 reasons why your hometown is a great place to live and to buy a house. There are so many reasons for Knoxville it's going to be tough limiting them to just 5 but that's the format so without further ado:
- You get a lot of house for your dollar in Knoxville. Our 3rd quarter 2006 median price for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, resale home was $149,900 compared to the national median of $211,000.
- Diverse economy translates to a stable economy with historically low unemployment and slow but steady home price appreciation; ours has averaged 3-5% annually for the past 15 years.
- Culturally diverse population increases knowledge and understanding of the shrinking globe (plus we have lots of great ethnic restaurants) ;-) University of Tennessee & nearby Oak Ridge National Laboratories have students and employees from over 70 countries.
- Huge "WOW" factor for the area; lots of things to see and do. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is less than 30 miles away, Knoxville is surrounded by great lakes for fishing and boating recreation, and lots more things to do.
5. Great weather with 4 distinct seasons of the year; not too hot in summer nor too cold in winter with marvelous spring and fall seasons
Backcountry camping in the Great Smoky Mountains National park
All the above factors and more are what led me to the welcome for my website:
"I've lived in Knoxville and East Tennessee most of my life. It's a great place to live, work, and raise your family. But don't take my word for it, come visit us and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed."
You can visit online and see what your housing dollar could buy for you in Knoxville, Tennessee. Please call or email with any Knoxville real estate or area questions.
Jim Lee, REALTOR