Sometimes something so small and simple comes along that just blows me away with the proportion of my energy involved to what it will do to my environment. So my New Years Resolution is to Change the World one lightbulb at a time! As my light bulbs burn out in my house, I am replaceing each one with a CF energystar light bulb. Did you know that:
Every light bulb or fixture you change to a CF energy star will:
- Use 1/3 of the energy of a standard incandescent light
- Last up to 10 times longer
- Save an average of $30 or more in energy costs over its lifetime
- Prevent 450 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions over its lifetime
- Help preserve our energy resources
My goal this year is to gently encourage everyone in my sphere of influence to jump on the bandwagon, and share my New Years Resolution.
There is even a pledge you can take - check this all out at http://www.energystar.com/
and HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!