I am looking for a Marketing Intern (or two or three). If you know anyone looking to get into marketing (in any field) have them drop me a note.
Here is the basic role:
StraighterLine.com, an innovative platform for college course delivery is seeking interns to help with marketing and other business development opportunities.
Candidates should have or be working towards a baccalaureate or masters in business administration or economics and have a strong interest in marketing, education and technology.
- Demonstrated mastery of common software employed by businesses (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Gmail, various internet browsers)
- An understanding of direct response marketing, email marketing, social media, affiliate program management, or tracking and analysis of internet marketing programs
- Experience with basic HTML and/or graphic design
- Experience working with content management systems or other marketing software
The ideal candidate will:
- Exhibit strong attention to detail
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and can drive individual results when needed
- Be action-oriented and show perseverance in completing assigned projects and tasks
Scope of work:
Qualified individuals will work with StraighterLine to set up, manage, evaluate, and improve on-line marketing programs.
- Work with Partner Schools and highly trafficked Higher Ed websites to enroll them as Affiliates and conduct ongoing affiliate program review and assessment
- Work to engage relevant sites and organizations to promote the StraighterLine brand through reviews, links, or other mentions on their sites (in the right locations, on the right pages, with the right text)
- Monitor, segment, improve and optimize our email marketing activities
- Use and (if needed) create reports to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs
The Internet Marketing Intern will be engaged on a daily basis with the VP Marketing to manage incoming tasks.