Anyone looking for Indianapolis homes for sale, or selling a home in Indianapolis, should know that according to the latest MIBOR report, 2012 started with a bang for central indiana housing. Here are the highlights:
- The Closed and Pending Sales activity continued to increase in double digit fashion in February.
- Pending Sales were up 16.0 percent in the three-month view and up 19.7 percent in February alone.
- Months Supply of Inventory was down 13.8 percent to 7.7 months in January.
<STRONG> Search Indianapolis Homes for Sale here </strong>
- Closed Sales were equally strong with Units Sold up 17.6 percent for the quarter ending in February and 22.1 percent in February alone.
- Home prices continue a steady note. The Median Sales Price increased 1.2 percent to $117,500 in February and 2.2 percent for the three months ending in February. Average Sales Price was up slightly for both the quarter and the month.
- Consumer confidence is as high as it has been in a year, and the Federal Reserve reported growth in all of its 12 banking districts in 2012 through the first half of
- February, including more hiring and home sales. That confidence may be evidenced by the increase in New Listings locally. In February, New Listings increased by 13.1 percent.