Samantha Smith of D&B Real Estate shared 5 Allergy Fighting Techniques that you can do to your home. They didnt share any good tips when I was a kid, and I know that in Texas my kids allergies are worse (theres something about this crazy state that causes them to be worse). So, these tips are great whether you are preparing to sell your home, stay in your home, or you can do them to the home you just purchased.
Spring is a beautiful time of year in the Lake Ray Hubbard area and all around the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. But instead of hearing the birds chirping, are you hearing an orchestra of Sniffles around your house like I am? If so, here are some recommendations of some tried and true Allergy-Fighting Techniques from the Mayo Clinic.
*By the way, if you're planning on Selling your Lake Ray Hubbard or DFW Home, I highly suggest you do these as well to avoid buyers getting an allergy attack during the showing of your house.
- FLOORING ~ It's recommended that you Remove Carpet & install either Hardwood/Lamanit or Tile as the best option. But if that's not in your budget, be sure to Shampoo & Steam Clean your Carpets every 3 months. Don't forget about those Area Rugs, they need a good wash every 3 months too.
- KITCHEN ~ Be sure to have a Trash Can that has an "Insect-proof Lid" or at least put raw meat cartons & vegatable/fruit peelings in a seperate bag (like a grocery store sack) before tossing it in your kitchen trash can. If you throw away meal left overs into the trash, be sure to dispose of the trash bag no longer than the next day to prevent any flies or insects. In addition, scrub your Sink & Trash Containers with Bleach to get rid of any Mold build up.
- BATH ~ Scrub your Fixtures, Tubs, Toliets, & Trash Cans with Bleach to clean the Mold away. Wash or Replace overly moldy Shower Curtains & Bath Mats.
- AIR FILTRATON ~ Clean or Replace Air Filters every 3 months & be sure to select an Air Filter that has a "Small-Particle" or "HEPA" Filter. Also, keeping your house around 70* (which helps keep the humidity low), will help fight Mold & Dust Mites.
- POTTED PLANTS ~ If you have any Potted Plants, spread some Aquarium Gravel over the top layer of dirt. This will help contain the mold.
***** ***** ***** *****I love living in the Lake Ray Hubbard area and would love to share more information about this wonderfully family focused community. If there's a Neighborhood or City that you're curious about, simply send me an email (email@example.com). You can also visit my Website to search for houses in all the cities (Garland, Rowlett, Rockwall, & Heath) that make up our Lake Ray Hubbard area or Your Area of interest in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex.Please know that I am never too busy to help you or your friends/family that you refer to me and I would honor the chance to earn their business!