This post by Susan Hilton on how Rental Scammers are using Craigslist to scam people by falsely advertising property for rent is beyond important! It is easy to cut and paste real estate listings and place them in the rental section on Craigslist. This is what scammers do every day. The public, sellers and their agents need to be more informed as long as Craigslist continues to appear to ignore this activity.
We are having issues with Craigslist Scammers taking advantage of renters!
· Scams are becoming more prevalent and tenants are losing money by sending down payments or rent to individuals who are not actually the owners.
· There are sometimes clues you can look for in documents to tip you off that the advertiser is actually a scammer.
· Most scammers make their living off of scamming and are good at making their victims feel comfortable.
· Fraud is increasing on Craigslist, and money and identity is at risk.
· Scammers have some common tactics, but not all tactics are known.
· Therefore, it is becoming increasingly more important to work through a Realtor or agency with a good reputation.
For more information about Rental Scams.