Here is some great ADVICE for YOU to protect yourself from scams in today's economy. Thanks for this great post Gary Wortal's blog! I am happy to pass this one along too :)
Oftentimes those seeking a rental home, people with erratic income, folks coming out of divorces, some first time home buyers, people just in difficult life circumstances, they have a dinged up credit report that needs some work on it. But in finding a reputable company to assist them
Beware Of Scams With Credit Repair Companies
Watch out in this area if
- they encourage you to lie on credit applications
- request fees up front ahead of rendered services
- promise a quick fix faster than two to three months for minor problems
- come to you with an unsolicited email to do business with them
- want to erase accurate items that are less than 7 years old
- do not want to give you a written contract spelling out terms and performance from them you can expect
- want to create a new Employee ID Number for you
- do not give you a copy of your consumer rights
- they are found with many complaints at the BBB or FTC
A very good connection resource to avoid these problems of course is your high integrity trusted advisor REALTOR who most often partners with mortgage lenders who partner with credit repair companies that are not scammers and that will lead you in time to a higher credit score. Then you can get that new home with ease.
Work with folks you can trust who are ethical, hard working, will follow up with you, and are always there for you. Beware of all scammers. They just want your dough, then they will not show.