Are you thinking of installing a water well in Sharon, MA. This article is geared towards understanding Sharon MA Board of Health Regulations. Understanding your town regulations can be instrumental in compiling total project costs when it comes to drilling a water well in Sharon, MA.
- Permit Info: Well construction permit fee: $50.00
- Well Location : A plot plan must be submitted with application
- Water Quality testing: Extensive Plus Radon
- Water Quantity testing: 4 Hour pump test, proving well is sufficient.
- Real Estate Transfer Requirements: Sharon MA currently requires that the owner of the property must have an extensive water test done before the selling of the property. The water sample results must also be sent to the BOH and the buyer of the property.
Wells on average in the Town of Sharon MA range from 300-400 in depth however it’s not uncommon for wells to run shallower or deeper hence why it’s called the average. The casing depth averages at 40 feet however deeper pockets of rock are possible.
If you have further questions in regards Sharon, MA water Well Regulations you can refer to their website @ http://www.townofsharon.net/public_documents/sharonma_health/wellregulations
Written By: Sarah Thibaudeau. Assistant to Operations Manager