Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption Program
Purpose: To provide real estate tax exemption for any honorably discharged veteran who is 100% disabled, a resident of the Commonwealth and has a financial need.
Veterans eligibility criteria:
- Served in the military honorably
- Served during established war service dates as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Must have a total or 100% permanent service-connected disability rating by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or as the result of military service the veteran is blind or paraplegic or has sustained the loss of two or more limbs
Blind: Visual acuity of three-sixtieths or ten two-hundredths, or less normal Vision
Paraplegic: The bilateral paralysis of the upper or lower extremities of the body
- Must be a resident of the Commonwealth
- Must occupy the real estate as his/her principal dwelling
- Dwelling is owned solely by the veteran or as an estate in the entirety
- Veteran must prove financial need according to the criteria established by the State Veterans Commission if their annual income exceeds $81,340. Applicants with an annual income of $81,340 or less are given a rebuttable presumption to have a need for the exemption
Contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.
Whether you are buying or selling a home, George Maynes will always work in your best interest while helping to make your real estate transactions as stress free as possible.
George Maynes and his team are excited to assist you in all of your real estate transactions. Please contact George Maynes for a FREE (no obligation) consultation if you plan to buy and/or sell a home. We will provide you with reliable advice so you can make informed decisions.
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS®
2451 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130