Since the world relies so heavily on technology and the bulk of our communication takes place in some kind of technological way, how do you impress someone enough that you will become their go-to agent for future listings?
As an agent, you’ve no doubt experienced the pain that comes with trying to communicate with a seller. More often than not, you’ve found yourself having to communicate with sellers through some kind of technology, which at times, seems to create an almost impossible situation for you to be impressive.
· BE PERSONABLE: When soliciting, DO NOT send a general solicitation. Make sure you individually address each email you send. General solicitations look like a rush job, which make sellers think you run your business in the same manner. Treat it like a resume – go through the front door with a suit, and not through the back door with empty promises.
· KEEP IT SIMPLE: You’re going to end up communicating mostly through email, so keep it concise! Get to the point! Give them what they need up front, making them happy to work with you again and again.
· NO DISTRACTIONS: It’s inevitable you’ll end up conducting a call on your cell phone. Answer it if you can. If not, call back as soon as possible. Once you answer, make sure you’re able to concentrate on the call and have good reception. And if the call is about new procedures or policies, get confirmation through email.
· COME WITH THE ANSWER: Research what a seller wants and present that to them. If you have exactly what they’re looking for, they’ll want to hire you again and again. Agents are the eyes and ears for the client – keep your client informed and educated on your coverage area. They are paying you to be the expert.
· BE THANKFUL: Say Thank You.
Remember, it’s the little things that make your technological relationship effective, but technology hasn’t changed the need to be timely, polite, and a true resource for your clients.
By the way, my name is Pauline Perenack, and I’m the Marketing Manager here at RES.NET. Maybe you have probably seen me around the internet, or met me at conferences, so I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce RES.NET to you as well. Feel free to find me on LinkedIn, or on our Facebook page, or contact me at any time through ActiveRain if you have any questions!
Call Today 1.800.760.7036