The Bethesda community has an amazing art community. Downtown Bethesda is home to several galleries that showcase paintings, photography, mixed media and sculptures from local artists as well as those around the country and internationally. On the second Friday of every month, all galleries in the downtown Bethesda area open their doors to the public from 6pm to 9pm for the Bethesda Art Walk.
The galleries that participate in the Bethesda Art Walk include:
- Frame Avenue, Art Gallery & Custom Framing - 4919 Cordell Ave
- Framer McGee's Gallery - 4936 Hampden Ln
- Gallery B - 7700 Wisconsin Ave, Suite E
- Lenore's Place - 7720 Wisconsin Ave
- Marin-Price Galleries - 7022 Wisconsin Ave
- Upstairs Art Studios - 4948 St Elmo Ave, Suite 208
- Waverly Street Gallery - 4600 East-West Hwy
Stroll up and down Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Bethesda to visit any of these galleries for yourself during the Bethesda Art Walk. Free guided tours are available during the spring and fall for these galleries so you can learn more about certain featured artists, their works and the Bethesda art scene in particular. Don't miss out on viewing some very interesting pieces at the Bethesda Art Walk this Friday, April 13, 2012. However, if you can't make it out then, there will be another one on the second Friday of May (May 11, 2012). If you love art or simply have an interest in learning more about it, the Bethesda Art Walk is the perfect opportunity to broaden your horizons.
Originally posted on my Bethesda Community real estate blog here: http://yourbethesdacommunity.com/bethesda-art-walk/.