There are lots of recurring things to do weekends in downtown St Petersburg, but here are 5 special things to do this weekend in downtown St Pete:
1. Tampa Bay Blues Fest, held at Vinoy Park, a wonderful waterfront park in downtown St Petersburg.
2. Soccer at Al Lang Field. The Tampa Bay Rowdies play their opening soccer game tonight against FC Edmonton.
3. Theater in the Park. American Stage presents The Rocky Horror Show at Demens Landing, another waterfront park in downtown St Petersburg. You can picnic on the grass or even buy a chair onstage if you want to interact with the cast.
4. At The Mahaffey you can see Cirque Dream's "Pop Goes the Rock" theatrical and acrobatic performance. Enjoy dinner first at one of the many Beach Drive restaurants. The weather is great for outside dining on the sidewalk.
5. Second Saturday Art Walk. Many galleries and studios open their doors and let you have a free look at what's new in their arts.
6. (a langniappe - just because we like to deliver more than we promise) if you're looking to buy or sell real estate in the St Petersburg area, please get in touch with The Simms Team at ALVA International, Inc real estate. Look for the red awning - we're right next to Tryst.