Good Afternoon All,
I was working on a new SEO Optimization project over the weekend for a new customer, and the first thing I did was a preliminary assessment of the site. I discovered that everything that could be done wrong was!
I thought to myself "Gosh, I should post on this so others don't make the same mistakes". I have had this conversation a thousand times with customers over the years, but here is a great opportunity to teach to this topic. I promise this post will not be 2 miles long! Please subscribe to my blog.
Here is my TRASH list of things that need to be taken OUT of your website campaign..
- Duplicate Content - This will get you penalized and KILL your visibility FAST!
- Crap Links - You know, the kind you buy from the link farms..
- Spammy Keyword STUFFING - 100 keywords in your metas that don't appear on your site.
- Spammy Keyword STUFFING in hidden text on your site.
- Redirected URLS (Splash page loads and then redirects to another site)
- Pages that fail W3C
- Sites hosted on slow servers..
- Ads above the fold.
- Little to no white space on the pages.
- 10 mile long domain names (stuffing too many keywords into the domain)
Ok, I will break this up into multiple posts, so the list above will be covered in detail in subsequent posts.
All subsequent posts on this topic will reference this original post.
If you understand how your site might violate any of the above
issues, just start working the list. If you don't understand all of this, feel free to email me.
Have a great day, and see you ALL at the top! Great SEO happens one step at a time!