Farmers markets are excellent opportunities to support your local farmers, florists and bakers while getting some of the best quality products around. The Bethesda Farmers Market takes place every Saturday from 9am to 1pm beginning Saturday, May 5th and continuing through Saturday, October 27th this year. The market operates on Norfolk Avenue, between Fairmont & St Elmo Avenues. At the market, you can shop for fresh fruit and vegetables, pasture-raised meats and eggs, breads and other baked goods, fresh cut flowers, special artisan cheeses, local wines and more.
Some of the local business that participate in the Bethesda Farmers Market include:
- Atwaters Bakery - Sugar-free, fat-free, organic, hand-shaped breads made completely from scratch
- Black Oak Cut Flowers - Annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs
- Boordy Vineyards - Only available for 6 weeks (July 7-August 11)
- Garden Path Farm - Pasture-raised meat and eggs
- Knouse Fruitlands - Fresh fruit, including more than 30 types of apples, 22 kinds of peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, cherries, corn, pumpkins and more
- Pleitez Produce - Fruits, including fresh strawberries and tomatoes
- Spiral Path Farm - Organic fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Spring Gap Mountain Creamery - Special artisan cheeses (blue, gouda and cheddar included)
- Wild Rose Soap - All natural products, including soaps, lotions and bath salts
Shopping isn't the only thing you'll find at the Bethesda Farmers Market, though. Throughout the season, there will be book signings, live music, chef tastings and other activities to keep you entertained. These events change every week. That's why you need to come back often so you don't miss out. Whether it rains or shines, the market will be open. The only Saturday it will be closed, in fact, is October 6, 2012 for the 23rd Annual Taste of Bethesda food and music festival. Don't miss out on your chance to purchase the freshest of fruits, vegetables, cheese and breads while helping support the local businesses that bring them to you. Attend the Bethesda Farmers Market every Saturday from 9am to 1pm from May 5, 2012 to October 27, 2012.
Originally posted on my Bethesda Community real estate blog here: http://yourbethesdacommunity.com/bethesda-farmers-market/.