What is Geocaching???
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game. Participants use GPS-enabled devices to locate hidden containers all over the world. Once they locate the containers participants can then share their find online on multiple websites. Geocaching is a fun way for friends and family to spend time together and it is actually quite interesting what you will find in some of the containers. Here are some tips that might come in handy on an adventure such as this.
TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Research your cache and find out the best way to get there before you leave. (Some GPS devices tend to lose service in heavily treed areas or buildings.)
2. Always call and let someone know where you plan on going on a cache search.
3. Once you are in the area where the cache is said to be you can begin your search. Look behind rocks and brush and keep an eye out for containers hanging down from trees. Put yourself in the perspective of the person who placed the container there in the first place. (Where would you hide it?)
4. Once you locate the cache, log your visit. You can choose to leave the prize or replace it with another of your own. (Moving the cache from its general location is frowned upon.)
5. Upon your return home please make a point to log your visit online and tell the person who hid the cache, the condition that it is in.
6. Always remember, whether you and a friend locate a cache or not, the most important thing to grasp when doing treasure hunt geocaching is to have fun in the outdoors. Have Fun!!
Want to learn more?
There is a world loaded full of treasure out there just waiting to be found. There may even be one right outside your neighborhood or community. If you are interested in learning more about this, participate in learning the basics of GPS usage and how to best utilize one in searching for geocaches in any part of the country. This will be held by Plano Parks and Recreation at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve in Plano Texas on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 9:00 A.M.
Everyone that is fourteen years of age or younger must be accompanied by a registered adult. Price is per person.
Resident $6.00; Non-Resident $10.00; FAP $3.00; Senior Resident $5.40; Senior Non-Resident $9.00.
If you would like more information on Geocaching register online.
Real Living Real Estate group prides itself on providing premiere service in real estate and in making community information available.If you are interested in homes for sale in Plano Texas or selling your Plano Texas home please don't hesitate to call. We offer market analysis for your home upon request and can provide you with information on all Plano Texas subdivisions and neighborhoods.