Lower Bucks County chapter of Red Cross
Here are a few links to information regarding our local Red Cross in Levittown, PA
To learn more about your local Red Cross, check out the websites below
The American Red
Cross is a humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its
Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International
Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disasters and help
people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
The following is a list of some Red Cross volunteer opportunities for your consideration:·
- Board Member: Serve in leadership position to establish policy and direction
- Blood Aide: Greet and register blood donors at local blood drives.
- Blood Driver: Transport blood from local blood drives to testing site in Philadelphia.
- Community Ambassador: Provide Red Cross information at local community fairs and events.
- Community Disaster Education Presenter: Conduct presentations to local community groups and businesses about various disaster preparedness issues.
- Data Entry: Input information into computer data bases
- Disaster Action Team: Respond to single-family fires, floods, etc. to provide relief to disaster clients.
- Health and Safety Instructor: Teach community classes in CPR and First Aid presentations.
- Homeless Shelter Phone Aide: Answer the phone, transfer calls, refer callers and greet clients at Red Cross homeless shelter.
- Homeless Shelter Meal Service: Assist in preparing and serve lunch or dinner to homeless shelter residents.
- Homeless Shelter Storage Room Assistant: Check, discard and organize supplies in shelter storage areas.
- Leadership Opportunities: Share your expertise on a Red Cross committee, advise in areas of communications, fundraising, human resources, homeless shelter and youth services.
- Maintenance: Help with routine maintenance duties. Stocking supplies, emptying trash and general organization.
- Orientation Presenter: Conduct volunteer orientations one/two evenings per month to new volunteers.
- Receptionist: Greet visitors, send faxes, make copies, answer and direct phone calls at Chapter House.
- Speakers Bureau: Be part of a team that conducts presentations about Red Cross services to local organizations and companies.
- Volunteer Committee: Assist with writing volunteer job descriptions, setting up volunteer orientation courses, help with volunteer placement, record keeping, and recognition.
- Youth Course Teacher: Teach first aid and safety courses to children in grades K-6th grades.
Please visit our website http://4saleinbucks.com
Proudly serving homeowners and home buyers in the Bucks County communities of Levittown, Fairless Hills, Bristol Borough, Bristol Township, Bensalem, Fallsington, Langhorne, Middletown, Yardley, Newtown, Morrisville, Holland, Richboro, Wrightstown, New Hope, Doylestown, Montgomery County, & Philadelphia