Baby Boomers, Smart Growth, and Future Communities...
Asheville Real Estate Journal
Baby Boomers here in Asheville and across the USA can impact real estate in a mighty way, espepcially when it comes to the planning and design of future communities. There follows something we discuss with our clients as they tell us of their interest in helping to create positive futures....leaving Asheville-area mountain homes and land legacies for future generations....
Now, The Smart Growth Network. . . Smart Growth- a Legacy of Positive Futures is reaching out to boomer cohorts- (many of us with white hair in various phases of becoming - we're smiling 'cuz we're sage elders) seeking innovative ideas about the future of our communities. Exciting News for REALTORS and others interested in Community Planning, Design, and Development. When we heard that the Smart Growth Network desires a 2012 national conversation on this subject, we were delighted. You can look for a range of media and discussion about emerging issues that can build a depth of community planning, design and development ideas, and perspectives
Possible topics for conversation
1. Safe Routes to School Guide: Engineering
2. Living Streets: Strategies for Crafting Public Space
3. Manifest Destiny: A Guide to the Essential Indifference of American Suburban Housing
4. Community Schools: Partnerships for Excellence
5. Prospering in Place: Linking Jobs, Development, and Transit to Spur Local Economy