Beginning May 3, 2012 and concluding July 19, 2012, Veterans Park will be hosting free summer concerts in downtown Bethesda. Every Thursday, from 6pm to 8pm, a featured artist or group will perform a wide variety of musical styles absolutely free to the public. The complete schedule for this season's summer concerts in downtown Bethesda is as follows:
- May 3rd - Swagfunk (R&B, Funk & Rock)
- May 10th - King Soul (Southern Soul)
- May 17th - Adrian Duke (Jazz)
- May 24th - Cheike Hamala Diabate (West African Funk)
- May 31st - Sweet Saludos (Latin/American/Cuban)
- June 7th - Sir Alan & the Calipso Ponzi Schemers (Hawaiian/Ska/Surf)
- June 14th - Swing Shift (Big Band)
- June 21st - The Beat Hotel, featuring the Bell Hop Horns (New Orleans Funk & Jazz)
- June 28th - Patrice (Soul & Jazz)
- July 5th - JohnStone Reggae Band (Reggae)
- July 12th - Texas Chainsaw Horns (Horns/Funk)
- July 19th - Invitation (Variety/Dance)
The free summer concert series in downtown Bethesda was created to bring family-friendly entertainment to the downtown area. Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket so you can enjoy the music in comfort. A light jacket is recommended, since it can get chilly at night. No matter what kind of music you like, you are sure to find something to enjoy at one of the free summer concerts in downtown Bethesda.
FEATURED HOME OF THE WEEK
Originally posted on my Bethesda Community real estate blog here: http://yourbethesdacommunity.com/free-summer-concerts-in-downtown-bethesda/.