POSTED ON A WALL in our sales office is this question: Where Do You Fall?
The difference between winners and losers isn't just about how many sales a person makes. Following are 20 differences between winners and losers that we review here at Real Estate Pipeline to remind ourselves how to always act like a winner - regardless of how the last potential sale panned out.
I suspect the following list can serve all professionals well, regardless of the office they work in. So, I ask: Which are you, a winner or a loser?
- A WINNER is part of the solution. A LOSER is part of the problem.
- A WINNER always has a program for getting better. A LOSER has an excuse not to.
- A WINNER says 'Let me do it for you.' A LOSER says 'That is not my job.'
- A WINNER sees an answer for every problem. A LOSER sees a problem with every answer.
- A WINNER says 'It may be difficult but it is possible.' A LOSER says 'It may be possible but it's too difficult.'
- A WINNER who makes a mistake says 'I was wrong.' A LOSER who makes a mistake says 'It wasn't my fault.'
- A WINNER makes commitments. A LOSER makes promises.
- WINNERS have dreams. LOSERS have schemes.
- WINNERS say 'I must do something.' LOSERS say 'Something must be done.'
- WINNERS are a part of the team. LOSERS are apart from the team.
- WINNERS see the pain and try to rise above it. LOSERS see the pain and are held down by it.
- WINNERS see possibilities. LOSERS see problems.
- WINNERS see the potential. LOSERS see the past.
- WINNERS choose what they say. LOSERS say what they choose.
- WINNERS use hard arguments but soft words. LOSERS use soft arguments but hard words.
- WINNERS make it happen. LOSERS let it happen.
- WINNERS plan and prepare to win. LOSERS plan and prepare to copy the winners.
- WINNERS stand firm on values but compromise on petty things. LOSERS stand firm on petty things but compromise on values.
- WINNERS are like thermostats - They set the standard. LOSERS are like thermometers - They measure where the standard is set.
- WINNERS believe in winning. LOSERS believe that for them to win, someone else has to loose.
So, honestly now, which would you rather be today? A winner or a loser? It really is up to you.