All politics is local, as the saying goes. And it doesn't get any more local than city council elections (except at the HOA level). It's time, once again, to vote for Addison Town Council members and the 6 Propositions for bonds.
There are 4 candidates for 3 seats in the May 12, 2012 election: Janelle Moore, Margie Gunter, Austin Spoonts and incumbent Neil Resnik.
Early voting is now underway and runs through May 8th. All precincts vote early at the Addison Central Fire Station, 4798 Airport Parkway. On election day, May 12th, precincts 2900 and 2901 vote at Fire Station #2, 3950 Beltway, next to the Addison Athletic Center and precincts 2902-2905 vote at the Central Fire Station on Airport Parkway.
In addition to the town council election, there are also six bond propositions:
- street improvements on Midway Road and in Vitruvian Park, land acquisition for streets, electronic signage on Belt Line Road
- moving utilities on Belt Line Road
- land acquisition at Addison Airport
- land acquisition for public parking
- communication equipment and wirless networking infrastructure
- park and pedestrian trail improvements
For details on the bond proposals, check out the website: www.addison2012.com/bondelection
Get out and vote! If you don't vote, don't complain later.