The Highland Lakes real estate market is beginning to pick up, particularly waterfront and water-oriented properties. Horseshoe Bay is having record sales in high dollar lakefront homes. Summer will be here before you know it, so take a look at available properties now. Low interest rates make buying a second home or retirement home very attractive right now in the Central Texas Hill Country and there are still some great deals out there.
Also, our available rental property is dwindling in the area, yet we have several large upcoming projects that will bring additional renters to our area. A two-year project to build a new power plant to replace the current Thomas C. Ferguson Power Plant in Horseshoe Bay broke ground on April 27th and is expected to bring about 350 workers to the area, along with hiring about 150 locals. Scott & White is building a new clinic in the Hwy 281/71 area which will bring additional workers over the course of the project. It may be a good time to think about renting a property, building multifamily properties or buying existing properties to rent long-term.
FREE Search Of All Highland Lakes Area Property Listings For Sale www.LakeLBJHomeBuyer.com
FREE Market Analysis Of Your Highland Lakes Area Home, www.LakeLBJHomeValues.com
Schools will be out and summer will be here before you know it! Be Safe and enjoy our beautiful Central Texas Hill Country Spring weather!
Continuing on a positive note, Karen Guillot has joined the team of Paragon Property Group. Karen, originally from Eagle Pass, Texas, has lived in Central Texas since 1994 and specifically Burnet since 1997. We are so excited to have her join us and continue to provide excellent service to our communities. Welcome Karen!
Sue, Brooke, Stacey, & Karen
- Mark your calendars – Main Street Market Days takes place on May 12th from 9am-4pm – Vendors, Crafts, Food, Fun and Music. It’s a lot of fun, so come on by….!
- Saturday, May 19th, 8am – Burnet’s First City-wide Garage Sale. Contact the Chamber of Commerce, 512.756.4297 or BAM representative Cindy Lamb, 830.798.5738 for more information.
- Kingsland’s 43rd Annual Aquaboom is scheduled for June 23rd-July 4th, starting with the Miss Aqua Boom scholarship pageant and culminating with parades and fireworks on the 4th.
- The Horseshoe Bay Spring Fling & Ice Cream Social takes place on May 3rd. The HSBBA (Horseshoe Bay Business Alliance) event allows business sponsors to show their appreciation and give back to HSB residents.
- The Marble Falls City Council approved a new sign ordinance that will crack down on the use of electronic signs in the community and encourage the use of monument signs. Full details are available on the city’s website at www.ci.marble-falls.tx.us
- Grand Bank opened its doors late last month with offices in both Marble Falls and Horseshoe Bay.
- Subway has opened in Cottonwood Shores at 4823 W FM 2147 (across from the Lake LBJ Marina).
- Arbor House, an assisted living center, broke ground on its new location at 1801 King Drive just east of Mormon Mill Road. The 32,000 sqft facility will have 30 assisted-living beds and 18 memory-care beds for Alzheimer’s patients.
- The City of Marble Falls will be getting an 80-unit affordable housing complex later this summer. The Texas Housing Foundation is building the Oak Creek Townhomes and should start leasing 1,2, and 3-bedroom units in August. The buildings are located west of Hwy 281 on 6th and 7th Streets.
- Marble Falls Police Chief Larry Wright has announced his retirement from the force and will be replaced by Fire Marshall Johnny Caraway as the interim chief.
- GREAT NEWS! Scott & White announced that the 44 bed hospital near the intersections of Hwy 71 and Hwy 281 in Marble Falls will open sooner than expected in 2014. A clinic is under construction now and scheduled to open next Spring.